Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of the Website is governed by the EMD Serono Legal Statement.
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you may use www.mslifelines.com (the "Website"). Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this Website. By using this Website, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. EMD Serono may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting an update to this page. You should visit this page periodically because your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions will mean you accept those changes. The terms "you" and "user" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the Website for any reason.
2. Use of Material
The site contains information intended for U.S. residents only. Products described may or may not be available in other countries or regions of the world, or may be available under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with different indications and restrictions in different countries.
The contents of this Website, such as text, graphics, images and other material ("Material"), are owned by EMD Serono and its licensors and vendors, and are protected by United States and foreign intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Except as otherwise agreed in writing by EMD Serono, EMD Serono authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Website solely for your personal use, provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material, or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Material on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You may not copy or adapt the HTML or other code that EMD Serono uses to generate its pages. This code is also protected by EMD Serono's copyright.
3. Acceptable Site Use
General Rules: You may not use the Website in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation; (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others; or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
Security Rules: You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website and from using the Website to violate the security of other websites by any method, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or attempting to breach security or authentication measurers without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user of the Website, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing"; (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (e) forging any EMD Serono packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. EMD Serono may investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users of the Website who are involved in such violations.
Specific Prohibited Uses: EMD Serono specifically prohibits any use of the Website, and you agree not to use the Website, for any of the following: distributing or otherwise publishing, without EMD Serono's approval, any material containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising or solicitation for goods or services; soliciting other users of the Website to join or become members of any commercial online service; or deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
4. EMD Serono's Liability
The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. EMD Serono makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the Website or the Material. The use of the Website and the Material is at your own risk. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify, add or remove portions of the Website at any time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any material placed by you on the Website.
EMD SERONO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, EMD SERONO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEBSITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. EMD SERONO, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EMD SERONO MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS OR LINKS.
5. Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
IN NO EVENT WILL EMD SERONO, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOST PROFITS; OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT EMD SERONO IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
6. Links to Other Sites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by EMD Serono of the contents on such third-party websites. EMD Serono is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
EMD Serono cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from EMD Serono, since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
EMD Serono does not endorse any of the merchandise, nor has EMD Serono taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. EMD Serono does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites. We strongly encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
7. Limitation of Liability
The aggregate liability of EMD Serono to you for all claims arising from the use of the Materials is limited to $100.
EMD Serono reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately terminate your ability to access the Website and/or any other service provided to you by EMD Serono upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EMD Serono, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees alleging or resulting from your use of the Material or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. EMD Serono will provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding and will assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
EMD Serono makes no claims that the Materials may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction of any claims arising under these Terms and Conditions will lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Boston, Massachusetts. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision. Except as expressly provided in an end-user software license, or in a "Legal Notice" or other statement by EMD Serono on the Website, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and EMD Serono with respect to the use of the Website. No changes to these Terms and Conditions may be made except by a revised posting on this page.
Rebif® (interferon beta-1a) is used to treat relapsing forms of MS to decrease the frequency of relapses and delay the occurrence of some of the physical disability that is common in people with MS. Rebif is not approved for treatment of chronic progressive MS.
Important safety information
What is the most important information I should know about Rebif?
Rebif will not cure multiple sclerosis (MS) but it has been shown to decrease the number of flare-ups and slow the occurrence of some of the physical disability that is common in people with MS. Rebif can cause serious side effects, so before you start taking Rebif, you should talk with your doctor about the possible benefits of Rebif and its possible side effects to decide if Rebif is right for you. Potential serious side effects include:
- Depression. Some patients treated with interferons, including Rebif, have become seriously depressed (feeling sad). Some patients have thought about killing themselves and a few have committed suicide. Depression (a sinking of spirits or sadness) is not uncommon in people with multiple sclerosis. However, if you are feeling noticeably sadder or helpless, or feel like hurting yourself or others, you should tell a family member or friend right away and call your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may ask that you stop using Rebif. You should also tell your doctor if you have ever had any mental illness, including depression, and if you take any medications for depression
- Liver problems. Your liver may be affected by taking Rebif and a few patients have developed severe liver injury. Your health care provider may ask you to have regular blood tests to make sure that your liver is working properly. If your skin or the whites of your eyes become yellow or if you are bruising easily you should call your doctor right away
- Risk to pregnancy. If you become pregnant while taking Rebif you should call your doctor right away. Rebif may cause you to lose your baby (miscarry) or may cause harm to your unborn child. You and your doctor will need to decide whether the potential benefit of taking Rebif is greater than the risks are to your unborn child
- Allergic reactions. Some patients taking Rebif have had severe allergic reactions leading to difficulty breathing and loss of consciousness. Allergic reactions can happen after your first dose or may not happen until after you have taken Rebif many times. Less severe allergic reactions, such as itching, flushing or skin bumps, can also happen at any time. If you think you are having an allergic reaction, stop using Rebif immediately and call your doctor
- Injection-site problems. Rebif may cause redness, pain or swelling at the place where an injection was given. Some patients have developed skin infections or areas of severe skin damage (necrosis) requiring treatment by a doctor. If one of your injection sites becomes swollen and painful or the area looks infected and it doesn’t heal within a few days, you should call your doctor. For more information, please see Medication Guide
Who should not take Rebif?
Do not take Rebif if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing, flushing, or hives, to another interferon beta or to human albumin
If you have any of the following conditions or serious medical problems, you should tell your doctor before taking Rebif:
- Depression (a sinking feeling or sadness), anxiety (feeling uneasy or fearful for no reason), or trouble sleeping
- Liver diseases
- Problems with your thyroid gland
- Blood problems, such as bleeding or bruising easily, and anemia (low red blood cells) or low white blood cells
- Are planning to become pregnant
Tell your doctor about all medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Rebif and other medicines may affect each other, causing serious side effects. Talk to your doctor before you take any new medicines.
What are the possible side effects of Rebif?
- Flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, sweating, muscle aches and tiredness)
- Skin reactions. Soreness, redness, pain, bruising, or swelling may occur at the place of injection
- Depression and anxiety. Some patients taking interferons have become very depressed and/or anxious
- Liver problems
- Abdominal pain
- Blood problems. You may have a drop in the levels of infection-fighting blood cells, red blood cells or cells that help to form blood clots. If the drop in levels is severe, it can lessen your ability to fight infections, make you feel tired or sluggish or cause you to bruise or bleed easily
- Thyroid problems. Your thyroid function may change. Symptoms of changes in the function of your thyroid include feeling cold or hot all the time, change in your weight (gain or loss) without a change in your diet or amount of exercise you are getting
- Severe allergic reactions. Allergic reactions are rare and may be associated with difficulty in breathing and loss of consciousness, which require immediate medical attention
Let your doctor know if you have any of these symptoms or feel sad, tired, hot or cold, or experience hives, rashes, bruising, yellowing of the skin, or a change in body weight (gain or loss).
Refer to the Instructions for Use that comes with the Rebif® Rebidose® (interferon beta-1a) autoinjector.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit
This information is not intended to replace discussions with your doctor. For additional information about Rebif, please consult the Prescribing Information and Medication Guide and talk to your doctor. You can also visit www.rebif.com or call toll-free 1-877-447-3243. Rebif is available by prescription only.
MS LifeLines is an educational support service for people living with MS and their families. Speakers and MS LifeLines Ambassadors who participate in Talk MS or in live events are sponsored by EMD Serono, Inc. and Pfizer Inc. Rebif, Rebif Rebidose, Rebiject II, MS LifeLines, and the Rebif logo are registered trademarks of EMD Serono, Inc. or its affiliates.
Brought to you by EMD Serono, Inc. and Pfizer Inc, the co-marketers of Rebif in the US.
This information is intended only for residents of the United States.